iWave-V Air Purifier
- Needlepoint ionization actively treats air in the living space
- For systems up to 6 tons (2400 CFM)
- Installs in minutes with universal mounting options and integrated magnets
- Small compact design with no replacement parts
- Kills mold, bacteria and viruses
- Reduces allergens, odors, smoke, static electricity and other airborne particles
- OEM Approved
With the technology installed in over 200,000 applications worldwide, iWave-V is a low-maintenance, bi-polar, high-output ion generator designed specifically for treating air in residential duct A/C systems (but could be used in other air conditioning applications). As the air flows past the iWave-V, positive and negative ions actively purify the supply air, killing mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces allergens, smoke and static electricity, as well as controlling odors (cooking, pet, VOCs) and other particles (no more sunbeams) in the air without creating ozone or any harmful byproducts.
iWave-V treats the air in residential duct air conditioning systems up to 6 tons (2400 CFM) in size (or other appropriate A/C applications). Designed for universal mounting, the iWave-V typically is easy to install inside or outside of duct, or can be attached magnetically near the indoor fan. Install between air filter and cooling coil to treat the indoor coil; as an alternative, the iWave-V can be installed in supply air.
Three Year Limited Warranty Nu-Calgon offers a three year limited warranty on iWave products. For a valid warranty claim within three years, proof of purchase and proof of installation by a licensed HVAC or Electrical contractor must be provided. See full warranty at iwaveair.com for complete details.
DISCLAIMER: The use of this technology is not intended to take the place of reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of pathogens. It is important to comply with all applicable public health laws and guidelines issued by federal, state, and local governments and health authorities as well as official guidance published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including but not limited to social distancing, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, and the use of face masks.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
- Disconnect air handler power before installing.
- Mount unit to fan inlet, internal wall duct or external duct.
- Connect only 24 VAC nominal power. A dedicated power supply may be necessary.
- Unit may be powered 24/7 or may be interlocked with fan – unit only purifies when air is flowing.
- Red wire goes to 24 VAC; black wire goes to neutral or ground.
- Green LED will illuminate when powered and there are no faults.
- Do not touch carbon fiber brushes while powered!
- NOTE: Make sure air flows across both brushes at the same time, like a football through a field goal post.
- CRITICAL: Ensure all 24 VAC wiring stays away from carbon fiber brushes and is per NEC/local codes. Secure wires if necessary with wire/tape so they never move and touch brushes.
- CRITICAL: Make sure the carbon fiber brushes are at least 2 inches away from anything metal and other wiring!
- The best location to mount the device is after the particle filter and before the cooling coil. This ensures pathogens, mold and odors are controlled throughout the entire depth of the coil.
- Leaving the fan in the “on” position will provide the best air purification results.
- Unit has a 250 VAC/1A in-line fuse. If 24 VAC is confirmed and LED is off, then check the fuse.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
- iWAVE-V, VORTEX IAQ ION GENERATOR Literature
- iWAVE-V, VORTEX IAQ ION GENERATOR Product Bulletin
- iWAVE-V, VORTEX IAQ ION GENERATOR Application Bulletin
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.