- Available with molded 1/4˝ FPT openings (4617-24), including a special tapered “starter” thread that allows for easier threading of fittings
- Ultrasonic spin welding process provides for a uniformly, hermetically sealed filter
- Rated Service Life: 750 gallons; replace every 5-6 months
The Micro-Carbon 4 utilizes a standard 12˝ x 40˝ mesh washed carbon, which is rated at a nominal 20 micron filter capability. It is designed to remove objectionable tastes and odors, such as those caused by chlorine, hydrogen sulfide (“rotten egg”), iron, etc. One unit will typically last for 5-6 months.
Use on ice makers, water fountains, coffee urns and brewers, and other equipment where taste and odor is a concern. Do not use where the water is microbiologically unsafe or with water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the unit.
Tested and Certified by NSF International against ANSI/NSF Standard 42 for Odor and Taste Reduction, Chlorine Reduction, Class I.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
This system may be installed in any convenient location. Be sure to keep the Micro-Carbon Unit away from any heat source.
- Shut water off and cut water line where the Micro-Carbon Unit is to be installed.
- Attach the Micro-Carbon Unit to water lines using flare or compression fittings. Unit is molded with 1/4” FPT. If desired, quick connect couples may be used, attaching the QC plug to the Micro-Carbon. Do not over tighten fittings.
- Turn water on and flush 5 to 6 gallons of water or until clear.
- Mark date of installation below: replace unit after 5-6 months.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.